Niacinamide, Vitamin C, Retinol-Like and GABA: meet the perfect serums for your skin
Have you met our quartet of serums? The old trio formed by Niacinamide, Vitamin C and Retinol-Like, now has a new sister to call its own: Gaba! In the following, we explain to you a little more about the active ingredients present in each of the them to clarify your possible doubts
Niacinamide, the active form of vitamin B3, is a very stable vitamin that offers a wide range of scientifically proven topical benefits. It is a component of coenzymes essential in the production of adenosine triphosphate - ATP (responsible for cellular energy storage) and plays a central role in DNA repair and skin homeostasis.
Main actions of niacinamide:
- Helps protect against blue light that generates oxidative stress on the skin surface;
- Has efficacy against urban, air and water pollution, as it reinforces the skin's protective barrier;
- Protects skin against immunosuppression, a major risk factor for skin cancer.
- Stimulates collagen synthesis;
- Improves the appearance of fine expression lines and superficial wrinkles;
- Reduces severe acne and its lesions;
- Reduces cutaneous sebum formation and excretion.
And the best part? ALL skin types can use it!
Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant. Its pure form is called L-ascorbic acid, and should be incorporated externally, such as through food, capsules, and dermocosmetics.
Main properties of Vitamin C:
- Powerful natural antioxidant that combats free radicals, responsible for skin aging. It leaves the skin illuminated and healthy;
- It suppresses the melanin synthesis, reduces hyperpigmentation, and is highly effective on blemishes
- It slows down the appearance of signs of aging, attenuates expression lines and promotes the synthesis of collagen;
- It forms a natural and efficient shield that minimizes daily aggressions (free radicals, ultraviolet rays, oil residues, pollution and stress).
- It is a perfect aqueous solution for all skin types, including oily skin!
Retinol-Like it's a Vitamin A derivative, it has clinical efficacy in the treatment of acne through the inhibition of pro-inflammatory enzymes, which block the inflammation process, and provide significant reduction of sebum and skin lesions.
The main active ingredient in our Retinol-Like solution is Bakuchiol, which has the same properties and delivers the same results as commun retinol, but without causing irritation to the skin.
Bakuchiol is a phenolic monoterpene extracted from the Indian plant Psoralea corylifolia, which inhibits pro-inflammatory enzymes, blocking the inflammation process, and inhibiting the enzyme 5-⍺-reductase, which decreases the activity of the sebaceous gland, reducing the acne population.
Main properties of Retinol-Like:
- Powerful anti-inflammatory activity;
- Uniformize skin tone;
- Reduces the appearance of expression lines and wrinkles;
- No risk of irritation or sensitivity common in traditional retinoids;
*There is no restriction on use under sun exposure common in traditional retinoids.
To complete our family of solutions, we brought as an active the aminobutyric acid in our GABA solution. Its main function is to promote a powerful lifting effect on the skin, but it doesn't stop there!
Main properties of GABA:
- Repairs damaged skin: Gaba can repair the skin's barriers as it promotes the proliferation of epidermal cells and the production of involucrin and glutathione. As a consequence, it reduces skin roughness caused by external factors such as dryness, radiation, and pollution.
- Promotes hyaluronic acid and collagen synthesis: In the dermis, Gaba can promote fibroblast proliferation and the synthesis of hyaluronic acid and collagen, improving the skin's moisture and elasticity, making it smooth, even, and firm.
Did you know that you can combine the use of all our serums to ensure an even more powerful and wonderful result?! Tell us in the comments which ones are your favorites and how you use them!